SPRITZ Research Group
We are a group of young (and less young) researchers very passionate in investigating security and privacy issues related to current and future technologies. The SPRITZ Security and Privacy Research Group was founded (in 2011) and is led by Prof. Mauro Conti. The group is mostly based at the University of Padua, while it enjoys worldwide collaborations.
As for the name of our group... we have to admit we got inspired by a local popular wine-based cocktail. However, we do also have a proper acronym: SPRITZ... Security and PRIvacy Through Zeal!
At University of Padua, SPRITZ is affiliated with:
SPRITZ Security and Privacy Research Group is part of:
SPRITZ Security and Privacy Research Group is contributing to:··
* October '16: Please consider attending our SPRITZ Workshop on Future Systems Security and Privacy in Padua, Italy - October 14th, 2016.
* September '16: Please consider attending our Summer School - 2016 International Summer School on Social Networks Security, Privacy, and Trust in Padua, Italy - September 4th to September 9th, 2016.
* November '15: Our paper "Security Vulnerabilities and Countermeasures for Target Localization in Bio-NanoThings Communication Networks." by Alberto Giaretta, Sasitharan Balasubramaniam, Mauro Conti has been accepted by In (IEEE) Transactions on Information Forensics and Security.
* October '15: Our paper "AppScanner: Automatic Fingerprinting of Smartphone Apps From Encrypted Network Traffic." by Vincent F. Taylor, Riccardo Spolaor, Mauro Conti, Ivan Martinovic has been accepted by the 1st IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy (IEEE EuroSP 2016).
* October '15: 2015 SPRITZ Workshop on Future Systems Security and Privacy at the University of Padua, in collaboration with Clusit (The Italian Association for Computer Security) and within the framework European Cyber Security Month (ECSM) - October 23rd, 2015.
* August '15: Our paper "Losing Control: On the Effectiveness of Control-Flow Integrity under Stack Attacks." has been accepted by the 22nd ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS 2015).
* May '15: Prof. Silvio Micali (2012 Turing Award) will be visiting our Department and give a talk of the series "Colloquia Patavina".
* April '15: our ACNS 2015 paper has been selected for the best student paper award!
* The SPRITZ group has been awarded with several prizes for the best 2014 MSc thesis in Computer Security from the CLUSIT - Italian Association for Computer Security: Claudio Guarisco won the 1st prize, Giuseppe Cascavilla the 3rd prize, and finally, Sebastiano Gottardo, Giulia Mosca and Riccardo Spolaor won the 5th prize!